From Japan

I just made it back to Japan (by airplane). Somehow I kept thinking this blog was only for my sailing trip, so I did not really update it while I was in Hawaii. But there have been several requests for updates so here we go....

First let me start my back-in-Japan post to a very special company here in Japan: Patagonia. Patagonia, thank you very much. Patagonia was not an "official sponsor" but they did send us two big boxes of gear for our trip. Your thermals are unbeatable. Your rain gear kept us dry, your jackets kept us warm. Thank you so much for this kind of support. This kind of "giving" to people who adventure really is appreciated. Patagonia is the kind of company not only that has absolutely excellent products, but has the kind of environmental commitment and dedication to the users of its' products which elicit great thanks and appreciation. Thanks so much.

As for my plans. Well, I was enjoying Hawaii so much I thought it would be too short to just pick up and head off to California without thoroughly surfing several points, swimming with turtles, taking super-man flying-leaps off rope swings, hiking the beautiful coasts and enjoying the concerts and nightlife of Waikiki. So, I was forced to pay the $10 a day fee and be trapped right in front of one of the most sought after real-estate locations on the planet: waikiki. Wow, what a rough life (hey!! It's pretty cool being back in the US because I get to use sarcasm! Cool! Culturally Japan does not get/use/or understand sarcasm at all so this is pretty cool!)

So I was enjoying all that, but I had to come back to Japan for a couple of weeks. I just arrived a couple of days ago. Soon I will be off to Paris for 2 weeks, then back to Japan. Couple weeks after that I'm back to Hawaii to endure the grueling sun.

For now I'm enjoying hot-springs, sushi and good friends back in Japan.

Comments

Taj said…
Enjoying life to the fullest! Atta boy, Darshaun! Can't wait to see you back home in California soon. Thanks for updating the blog. For a month or so, it was so consuming! Happy Birthday!
Taji-san
Unknown said…
Hi Darshaun,

This is Lisa from Patagonia--Welcome back! It was nice to read that our stuff came in handy. So glad you all made it to Hawaii safely and that your father is well too.
Thank you for mentioning us and giving us a glimpse of the amazing trip you all had through your blog.
Lisa

Popular Posts