Happy Sailors in Hawaii!!! - May 8

Solis log: 21 53'59N 159 35'23W

Yesterday we safely arrived in Port Allen on the south side of Kauai. It was a tremendous feeling getting off the boat and tying up to shore. There really is a lot to write about and many many details, pictures, video, etc. to follow. But it has already proven to be a busy day. Customs, immigration and because of a few complications with our location, we (Luke and I) will be moving the boat today from Port Allen to Nawiliwili on the east side of the island. Dad will be taking a bus...For now I just wanted to say that I was personally surprised about my personal state when I arrived. I called my sister Taj (who graciously volunteered to manage the English blog) when we arrived to say we arrived safely. I was feeling great. Strong, the invincible captain!!!....but then, I could hear some emotions on the other end of the line and I could feel a few tears falling on the other end. And the invincible captain began to melt and tears began to fall. It was more of an emotional experience than I originally anticipated. Anyway, so much to write, but so little time today. Please expect a major post from me in the next couple of days. A few more pretty good stories to come as well....and pictures and hopefully some video clips. So until my next post, thanks so much for everything!!!

Comments

maddison said…
yayyyy!!!! i'm so happy you made it all safe. i'm beyond jealous of all of you being in hawaii! i wish i could be there. can't wait to see you all soon. :)
Unknown said…
You just made some more tears fall....

Lucy

(hope your cheeseburgers were as tasty as mine was)(and Ron must already be out of the hospital if he's on a bus -- a good sign!)
Toni said…
Dear Loyal Nadeau/Solis Fans....as I write from our beyond perfect bungalow in the jungle with mountain views and those distinctive tropical bird conversations in the background, the sailors are doing dirt diligence and giving Solis a good scrub. She was reported to be quite smelly and in need of a complete detail. At long last, seeing Ron yesterday afternoon (after he bused to the airport to meet my plane) was beyond belief. I know this probably sounds strange but truly, I hardly recognized him! I just kept staring at him, he looked so different. He was sporting his captain's hat (to hide the bad hair day, or that would be days, as in 28). At least he had spent the prior 40 mins in the restroom doing the paper towel bath. His beard was full and long and yes, he looked older and thinner but those blue-sky eyes were sparkling as clear as ever and being in the wrap of his distinctive hug was undoubtably the Ron we all love. He had spent a few hours the night before in the ER getting about a gallon of fluids, thankfully, and although was still a little weak, was admittedly MUCH better. YES! We arrived at this stellar out of the way place where we are staying and after a good long shower Ron was looking and feeling more himself. Luke and Darshaun showed up shortly after. They were stunning,(more diamonds in the rough), their energy big and beautiful.... then into the shower they went too and down the drain thousands of miles of sweat and true grit. We all had a wonderful dinner together and what can I say....it's truly paradise here and a wonderful place to recover and reconnect. It almost all seems like a dream now. This event has been a journey for so many of us, all in our unique ways.
We traveled the depths and distance with them and now they are back on land, safe and sound. Wow.
Amazing. Incredible. As we used to say in the 60's.....what a trip!
With love and gratitude....Toni
benjahmen said…
Wow! Glad to hear you made it. I can't wait to see you.

Please give me an email or call with your info.

Thanks,
Ben
Anonymous said…
Fricken crazy family!!!!!!!!! Ain't it cool!!!!!!!!!
P-

Popular Posts