32 16'47.47N 144 07'20E - APRIL 12

Ships log:
The seas were pretty messed up after that storm. We left and did about
200 miles in our first day out. Yesterday the seas gradually began to
calm down, but the wind completely died. The compass said we were
heading East but the GPS said west. We were being carried by the
current. Crew is totally sick. Dad says he does not think he can survive
the trip if he continues feeling this way. He can't keep anything down
and Luke can't either. I'm borderline and still have not slept or eaten
much in the last two days because I've been out in cold holding watch
all night.
The front hatch has a serious leak so a lot of sea water came into the
front berth. Dads bed is soaked, blankets all wet and his
books/journals, etc. have taken a lot of sea water as well. Yesterday
while the two of them were incapacitated I mustered up the energy to
open the hatch and take the caulking gun to it injecting rediculous
amounts of silicon. New rule for front hatch: DON'T OPEN THE DAMN THING
OR IT WILL LEAK!!! Issue two. It was raining and my port window was not
completely sealed. A small leak developed and rain water ran across the
ceiling to the other side of my room. Lots of water started dripping
down....right onto my spare laptop. Guess what...my spare laptop is
fried. Now I only have this laptop to make the trip. This is for weather
and communication, so I've got to take care of it...
Thanks to the "Monitor" self steering gear I installed we all can have a
break from steering the boat all the time. First time for me to use this
thing and man is it great.

Comments

Popular Posts